Iridium 9555 The tough customer chosen by even tougher customers Anywhere is the new everywhere Iridium Mobile communications can expand frontiers, create opportunities, and establish critical lifelines. But only when it works.
From distant rigs to pitching decks, baking deserts to frozen ice packs, the Iridium 9555 satellite phone can handle any environment. It is small but determined, sleek but industrial grade, easy to use but powerful. It is every bit as rugged as our previous handsets – still industrial grade, and packed with innovative new features.
The Iridium 9555 is the evolution of trusted, reliable mobile communications.
And it is connected to the only truly global mobile communications network. So anywhere on the planet you need to be, the Iridium 9555 is always connected and backed by unmatched network quality and world-class technical support.
The Iridium 9555 is not only the smallest phone Iridium has ever made, it’s also the most powerful. With a significantly reduced footprint from our previous phone, more hand-friendly form factor, and aerodynamic features such as an internally stowed antenna, this sleek handset is designed to easily go wherever your customers do – including through your distribution channels.
Rugged and Reliable Critical Lifelines
The Iridium 9555 is the ultimate in dependable mobile communications. It is a ruggedly built tool, not a toy. It won’t play games, take pictures, or play MP3s. What it will do is work. Everywhere. Without exception. It is engineered to withstand the world’s toughest environments, so the world’s toughest customers can depend on it as a critical lifeline whenever and wherever need takes them.
In addition to all the features you and your customers have come to expect from our trusted satellite phones, the Iridium 9555 also incorporates innovations such as an integrated speakerphone, improved SMS and email messaging capabilities, and an upgraded Mini-USB data port. It continues the evolution of satellite phones, making communication more efficient and effective for end users.
The Iridium 9555 features a dramatically redesigned and amazingly intuitive user interface – making reliable communication more efficient than ever. We make it so easy, your customers can start making calls right out of the box, skipping the traditional learning curve – and maybe even the need for a user manual.
Unparalleled Reach, Unrivaled Coverage
Iridium is the only mobile satellite service offering pole-to-pole coverage over 100% of the Earth’s surface. Iridium’s constellation of 66 LEO, cross-linked satellites provides critical voice and data services for regions not served by other communication networks. Iridium delivers reliable, near real-time, mission-critical communications services and creates vital lines of communication that help improve lives, accomplish missions and develop new opportunities.
Iridium 9555 is the latest evolution in our rugged and reliable satellite phones – and it works everywhere. Without exception.
Iridium 9555 Features Features
- Compact physical footprint for streamlined portability
- Intuitive user interface for out-of-the-box functionality
- Industrial grade design for unparalleled durability
- Enhanced SMS and email messaging capability
- Integrated speakerphone
- Headset and hands-free capability
- Internally stowed antenna
- Mini-USB data port
- Dimensions: 143 mm (L) x 55 mm (W) x 30 mm (D)
- Weight: 266g (9.4 oz)
- Standby time: Up to 30 hours
- Talk time: Up to 4 hours
- 200 character illuminated graphic display
- Volume, signal and battery strength meters
- Illuminated weather-resistant keypad
- Integrated speakerphone
- Quick-connect to Iridium voicemail
- Two-way SMS and short email capability
- Pre-programmable International Access Code (00 or +)
- Mailbox for voice, numeric & text messages
- Selectable ring and alert tones (8 choices)
- 100 entry internal address book, with capacity for multiple phone numbers, email addresses and notes
- SIM-based address book with 155 entry capacity
- Call history retains received, missed and dialed calls
Usage Control Features
- User-configurable call timers to manage costs
- Keypad lock and PIN lock for additional security